Friday, March 5, 2021

Week 9: 52 Letters in a Year

Welcome to March! February seemed to fly by and here we are, already in the ninth week of 2021. This week has been another great week because I received two replies again! One was from my pen pal in Florida and the other was from my senior pen pal who lives in an assisted living. 


Week 9:
This week I sent a birthday card and a letter to a friend. Instead of relying on my brother to make some envelope art, I created my own! I made the card with card stock and added a strip of purple scrapbook paper to the bottom. For the envelope, I drew the balloon with the address using colored pencils. The little balloons were drawn with Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens (my favorite pens. EVER.). 

I tried out some calligraphy with this card too!
The matching envelope 

Bonus:
As I mentioned above, two of my pen pals sent me a reply this week. My pen pal in Florida always makes the cutest cards. Here's the one that arrived in my mailbox this week: 




Have you ever sent birthday mail? Has anyone sent you special mail for your birthday?  

-Miss K

4 comments:

  1. That envelope is darling! And thanks for sharing a picture of the card that you received! I try to send birthday cards to my friends, but I have a bad memory and forget a lot. Maybe reading these posts will help remind me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have the greatest memory either, so I have a list of birthdays written down, but somehow I still end up sending cards out late. Better late than never, though!

      Delete
  2. Cute birthday card and envelope!! I love sending and receiving birthday mail (hint hint). :-D

    ReplyDelete