Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Weeks Six, Seven, and Eight: 52 Letters in a Year (Plus a Few Replies!)

I've missed the last two weeks of posting, but I've been busy writing letters! I've already written more than eight letters, but I'm still trying to send one every week. For week six, I sent two Valentine's Day cards, for week seven I sent a handmaid card to a friend, and this week's letter went to my great aunt. I wasn't sure if I'd get any replies, but after writing fourteen letters, I finally got three replies!  

Week 6:
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the Valentine cards that I made for my pen pals. :( I was so excited to seal the envelope and get them in the mail! I made a card out of red card stock and wrote "Happy St. Valentine's Day" in cursive. You'll just have to imagine there's a picture. :) I did however take pictures of the matching envelopes. 

I had some blue and pink scrap paper, so I
just torn the edges and glued them to the 
envelope, with a green square for the address
I used the same process here, except I used
purple for the address

Week 7:
Last week, I made a card for a friend that I haven't seen since August. I cut a few inches off of a piece of orange card stock, folded it in half, and the card was made. It's that easy! I'm learning calligraphy so I tried it on the card and for the first time on the envelope. To finish it off, I added a 3D flower sticker on the card. 

I kept it simple, but I like how it looks!

I used leftover purple paper and a piece of 
butterfly scrapbook paper on the envelope

Week 8:
The lucky recipient of this week's letter was my great aunt. I wrote to her during week four and she was the first to respond! I decided to make another card for letter by using green card stock and butterfly scrapbook paper. My brother created the master art on the envelope. 

Isn't this color scheme just great? 

The wonderful envelope!


I hope you're enjoying these pictures as I write all 52 letters! Butterflies seem to be the star of the envelopes and cards this week. Time has sure flown this year with March arriving next week, and I'll be back sharing week nine's letter.  

What is your favorite type of butterfly?  

-Miss K

No comments:

Post a Comment