Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Graduation Gift!

Well, well, well... time passes by too quickly. I graduated high school  one month ago and found myself a full-time job at a daycare. I haven't stopped writing letters, but I did miss a few weeks. I'm still on track to 52 letters though, thanks to my excitement at the beginning of the year. Last month, I also created my first hand-lettered gift for my friend's graduation. It's a simple, but thoughtful way to share some handmaid love! 

There are so many great quotes for graduation, but I chose one from Saint Francis de Sales for my project/gift:

"The same everlasting Father who cares for  today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings."


I used a set of Tombow Dual Brush Pens for this particular project. I used the thinner blue pen for most of the words, while switching it up with the brush side for the purple and red. It's not perfect with alignment, but I really love how it turned out! 


Do you use calligraphy? Have you created any hand lettering projects?

-Miss K

2 comments:

  1. My sister loves to use Tombow Dual Brush Pens but I've never given them a try. This looks great and is so sweet, Miss K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should give them a try sometime. It makes learning calligraphy simple. :)

      Delete