Monday, January 18, 2021

Week 3: 52 Letters in a Year

I've been having a lot of fun with this challenge, and I encourage you to try it too, if you haven't already. Here's my pictures of this week's letter. 


 Week 3:

Since I'll be graduating high school in a few months, I decided to include some of my elementary teachers on my list of 52 people. My first teacher on the list was my 5th grade Language Arts teacher. I haven't seen her for seven years so I was very excited to write to her. I actually wrote the letter last week, but I mailed it this week so it still counts. Enjoy the pictures! 

The letter! It was so fun to decorate it!

A (kind of) matching envelope with leftover scrapbook paper

Close-up Pictures:
I like to save every scrap I accumulate, which may or may not be a good thing, but it comes in handy when I want to create my own stationery paper. For this letter, I used a plain green copy paper sheet and added brown paper to the corner. It's actually from some small brown paper bags. I like the look of torn edges so that's how I created those shapes. 

I added a piece of flowered washi tape over the brown piece.  

I love how the torn paper looks in this corner! I also added a washi tape sticker.

For this last one, I glued some red tissue paper over the brown piece and then stamped this bird onto it. 

Have you ever tried making your own stationery paper? 

-Miss K

6 comments:

  1. This challenge is so fun! I've written four letters so far this year and I am having lots of fun decorating the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is lots of fun! Your envelopes look great, and I'll post your pictures soon.

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun idea! And yes I like making my own stationery, especially if I spend a lot of time on my letter making it themed and match-y. :) Also my first pen pal was my kindergarten teacher and I just graduated high school but I still write to her some which is really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool that your first pen pal was your kindergarten teacher. :) I've never written to any of my teachers before, so I'll see if I get any replies back.

      Delete
  3. I really like the idea of making my own stationary! I also save every scrap of paper (much to the annoyance of my sisters) but hardly ever get around to using it. The colors and designs you did here are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to just use store bought stationary, but I've experimented a few times, and I think it's much more fun to make your own. Plus, you can customize it so your recipient will enjoy it.

      Delete