Sunday, January 10, 2021

Fill the World with Mail: 52 Letters in a Year

 Hello readers! It's been a while since I've written a post, but I'm excited to be back with a fun, year long challenge! There's nothing better than receiving or mailing a hand written letter, right? So this year, I'm challenging myself to write at least one letter every week of 2021. Each week, I'll be posting pictures of my letter or card for the week. It is already week two, but you can certainly write two letters to get caught up. :)


Challenge Details:
  • Make a list of several people you want to write to. (The goal is 52 letters not people, so you can mail more than one letter to the same person.) It could be a relative, a friend, a former teacher, or even a sibling that lives in the same house. 
  • Mail a letter or card to one person each week of this year. 
  • Keep track of each letter and if you want, take a picture before you mail it out.
  • The author Michelle Houts also has some information on her website, and you can mail her a letter to tell her that you're participating in the challenge.

Week 1:
I mailed my first letter of the year on Wednesday, which went to my aunt's mailbox. I haven't seen her for a while, so I decided to make her the lucky first recipient of my letters. She loves sewing so this envelope was perfect for her letter. 
Of course, the drawing credit goes to my brother

I used this cute bunny stationery paper for the letter.
                                                                                                
My older sister will also be participating in this challenge and my eight year old sister is doing her own version, with at least one letter per month for a total of 12 letters. I hope you'll join the challenge in some way, even if it's not 52 letters. Let's fill the world with snail mail!

Will you be participating in this challenge? How many letters will you write? 

-Miss K

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for a challenge! I'll look forward to seeing what you do each week! Now I kind of want to do something like this, but maybe because I'm so busy I'll do like your eight year old sister. Last month was covered with Christmas thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm glad you will be participating in some way! Handwritten letters are so nice to receive and to send. I got really excited in the beginning, so I'm actually ahead. I hope you'll have lots of fun doing it!

      Delete